Killings brings you our weekly selection of posts that have amused, enlightened and
generally distracted us.
Bad news for fans of household appliances, but good news for cat lovers – the iron Monopoly piece will be put to rest and replaced by a silver cat figurine.
‘I use “whom” accurately and don’t end sentences on prepositions because I’m an English professor.’ – ‘I’m an English Professor in a Movie’ over at McSweeney’s‘ is good for a chortle.
The Believer and KCRW have launched their new podcast, ‘The Organist’. Let it be cultural commentary music to your ears.
Love a good teen movie? It’s teen movie week over at Spanish publication, Transit.
What about some good, free learning? Thanks, Internet!
- Here are a stack of great articles about psychology
- Legendary filmmaker Agnes Varda’s work is available to stream, for free, until 17th February
- Wrap your brains around a bunch Philip K Dick’s stories
Groundhog Day came and went this week, so it feels like the appropriate time to continue dedicating my time to spreading the Bill Murray gospel:
- Apparently Portable agree. Here they celebrate ‘the lord Bill Murray and prophet Harold Ramis’
- Bill Murray is currently sporting some killer facial hair. Check out these chops
- Here are some interesting facts about Groundhog Day.
- ‘8 brilliant true stories about Bill Murray’ – testify!
- Some great Bill Murray moments on screen – five of them in fact.
- I fully endorse the efforts of these fellow devotees: vote one ‘Bill Murray Appreciation Day’